Barring any last-minute hitches, Bollywood actor Sanjay Dutt, convicted in 1993 Mumbai serial bomb blasts case, will be a free man on Thursday when he walks out of Pune's Yerawada jail after he was granted remission in his five-year sentence.
The trio -- Sachin Andure, Amit Baddi and Ganesh Miskin -- was lodged in jails in Mumbai and Pune under judicial custody in different cases, the police said.
The bail plea of actor Sanjay Dutt will be heard by the Supreme Court on November 20.
A Mumbai court on Monday convicted and sentenced Abdul Karim Telgi, accused of running a fake stamp paper racket running into crore of rupees, to imprisonment in nine cases after he had pleaded guilty to all of them.
Souces said family members, including Sanjay's sister and Congress MP Priya Dutt, were waiting for release orders from the Supreme Court.
Sanjay Dutt's cane-weaving work has earnt him some money in prison.
Dutt, who was released from Yerawada jail, came home much earlier than expected
Actor Sanjay Dutt, serving a 42-month sentence in the 1993 Bombay blasts case, has sought to be let out on parole for treatment of an undisclosed medical condition, Yerawada jail authorities said on Tuesday.
Gangster-turned-builder Ashwin Naik and two of his aides were released from Taloja jail in neighbouring Navi Mumbai on Wednesday, a day after a sessions court acquitted him and some others in a 2015 case of extortion, an official said.
Here's what your favourite Bollywood celebrities are tweeting.
The Bollywood actor followed the same drill meant for other prisoners.
Bollywood actor Sanjay Dutt's last legal option against his conviction and sentence of five year jail term in the 1993 Mumbai serial blasts case ended on Tuesday with the Supreme Court dismissing his curative petition.
A judicial magistrate (first class) granted bail to the 17-year-old boy's father Vishal Agarwal, a prominent builder, and his grandfather, who were arrested in May-end and are currently in judicial custody.
Dutt's son Shahraan will be seen in the remix version of a retro song.
'Thirteen years have passed since the 26/11 terrorist attack in Mumbai. On today's anniversary, we remember the victims, including six Americans, and the resiliency of Mumbaikars. It is long overdue for the perpetrators to face justice,' Blinken said in a tweet on Friday.
Actor Sanjay Dutt, convicted in the Mumbai serial blasts case, on Thursday left home for jail to surrender on expiry of his 14-day furlough but was back home again, apparently due to lack of coordination between the prison and police authorities on his application seeking an extension of leave of absence.
A 17-year-old boy, who allegedly crashed his high-end car into a motorbike killing two persons in Pune, was granted bail on a surety of Rs 7,500 and an assurance from his grandfather to keep him away from bad company, as per the order.
A paternal aunt of the teenager allegedly involved in the Pune Porsche car crash that killed two IT professionals last month has moved the Bombay high court claiming the boy was in 'illegal' detention and sought his immediate release.
India on Friday summoned a senior diplomat of the Pakistani high commission on the 13th anniversary of the 26/11 Mumbai terror attacks, and pressed for an expeditious trial in the case, saying the families of 166 victims from 15 countries are still awaiting closure.
'Just waiting outside the prison gate, thinking that your mother is inside those walls even though you know she is innocent, affects your psyche.'
SRK's persona and brand power has been built over nearly 30 years of public acclaim and love. Brands perhaps believe that his troubles are transitory and that as a human brand he has long legs capable of striding over controversies, explains ad guru Sandeep Goyal.
Raju Hirani, Ranbir and Deepika react to the Dutt's release!
Headley, 55, was pardoned on December 10 and made an approver by additional sessions judge G A Sanap who presides over special cases related to terrorism, including those under the now repealed Terrorists and Disruptive Activities (Prevention) Act.
Bharatiya Janata Party's prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi on Wednesday sought answers from the United Progressive Alliance citing an interview of former central Home Secretary Ram Pradhan which said he had told the then Home Minister about a local mole who allegedly helped carry out 26/11 attacks.
'There are other prisoners too who are behaving in a good manner, but they are not being released sooner.'
Foreigners wearing mini skirts and entering Jama Masjid prompted Indian Mujahideen co-founder Yasin Bhaktal and his aides to commit a terror strike at the historic mosque in September 2010, the Delhi police told a court.
Pakistani-origin Canadian businessman Tahawwur Rana, a key accused in the 26/11 terror attacks case, stayed at a hotel in Mumbai's Powai area for two days in November 2008 ahead of the attacks, where he discussed about the crowded places in south Mumbai with a witness in the case, the police said on Tuesday.
The appeal filed through advocate Nishant R Katneshwarkar raised 20 grounds while assailing the high court order.
Actor Sanjay Dutt, a convict in the 1993 Mumbai blasts case, was on Monday granted a 14-day extension of his leave of furlough, jail authorities said.
The Bombay high court on Thursday quashed the death penalty awarded to lone convict Himayat Baig in the 2010 German Bakery blast in Pune due to lack of evidence, but confirmed the life sentence imposed on him for possession of explosives.
A boast by Qateel Siddiqui about making a second attempt to plant a bomb at famous Shrimant Dagdusheth Halwai Ganpati temple prompted jailed gangsters Alok Bhalerao and Sharad Mohol to eliminate him at Yerawada prison near Pune, according to the chargesheet filed by city police in murder of the Indian Mujahideen operative.
A magistrate's court on Tuesday awarded 14-day police custody to two accused in connection with the murder of alleged Indian Mujahideen operative Mohammad Qateel Siddiqui in high-security Yerwada jail in Pune.
A Mumbai restaurant will celebrate Bollywood actor Sanjay Dutt's release by offering a special culinary delight named 'Chicken Sanju Baba' free of charge to all patrons.
Mohammed Ajmal Amir Kasab, who has been awarded death penalty for his role in the 26/11 terror attacks, is biding his time by practicing karate in the high-security Arthur Road jail, a police source said on Wednesday. The lone surviving gunman is currently lodged in a strong bomb-proof 'anda cell' inside the jail, and a process to shift him to the Yerawada Central Prison in Pune is underway.
Convicted under the Arms Act for illegal possession of weapons in the 1993 Mumbai blast case, the actor has been out of jail for 146 days, since his sentence began in Pune in May 2013.
The sprawling Yerwada Central prison in Pune, where 26/11 terrorist Ajmal Kasab was hanged on Wednesday, has been a witness to many important events since its establishment by the British in 1851 on a huge 500 acre plot of land.
At 7.46 am, police officers conveyed the message to Maharashtra Home Minister R R Patil that 'Operation X is over' and from then the news gained wings.
The prime accused in the multi-crore fake stamp-paper case Abdul Karim Telgi on Friday sought protection for his daughter from four co-accused held with him in jail, who, he claimed, may kidnap her.
Hundreds of Warkaris (devotees of Lord Vitthal) who had gathered outside the prison premises late last evening, chanted name of Vitthal in chorus as Karadkar declared the sects resolve to oppose the setting up of the Dow Chemicals unit near Shinde village in the district.